"YOU CAN'T RECOVER IF YOU'RE DEAD" | 03.09.18 | JURY’S INN, MIDDLESBROUGH
ENHANCING HARM REDUCTION, REDUCING DRUG RELATED DEATHS AND IMPROVING COMMUNITY SAFETY - a Foundations event.
HEROIN ASSISTED TREATMENT (KEY NOTE SPEAKERS)
The Swiss Experience: Professor Ambros Uchtenhagen
The Evidence Base: Sir John Strang, Kings College and Professor Eilish Gilvarry, NYW NHS Trust.
Full programme here.
Secure your place now!
2018 RCGP/SMMGP conference | 29/30.11.18 | LONDON
The conference will be a two-day event this year, on Thursday 29th and Friday 30th November 2018 at RCGP, 30 Euston Square, London. Full programme coming soon! See you there.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Dr Prun Bijral (Medical Director, Change, Grow, Live)
- Pete Burkinshaw (Alcohol and Drug Treatment and Recovery Lead, Public Health England)
- Dr Anne Connolly (GP - Bradford)
- Phil Harris (Trainer and researcher)
- Professor Sir John Strang (Professor of Addictions, King's College)
- Dr Owen Bowden-Jones (Consultant, Addiction Psychiatry)
- Dr Henrietta Bowden-Jones (Consultant Psychiatrist, Lead Clinician, National Problem Gambling Clinic).
- Poorna Bell (Author and Journalist)
- Thomas Jones (Senior Addictions Liaison Nurse, South London & Maudsley NHS FT)
- Dr Stephen Willott (Chair, GP - Nottingham)
Early Bird rate (ending 30 August 2018) - £299 Standard rate - £345
You are invited to submit posters and papers on any aspect of working with drug and alcohol users in primary care.
The conference is the largest UK event for GPs, shared care workers, drug users, nurses and other primary care staff, specialists, commissioners and researchers interested in, and involved with the management of drug users in primary care.
Papers and posters can include a brief description of your service and how it was developed, how you overcame a local problem and/or improved practice, or research and audit that you have carried out.
We are interested in submissions of any film / other media that you have produced, including educational and training materials.
There are three options for presenters (paper, film, other media). Applications for abstract submissions can now be submitted. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an Application Form.
The deadline is Friday 28th September 2018.
2018 SSA ANNUAL CONFERENCE| 08/09.11.18 | NEWCASTLE
The PhD Symposium will be held prior to the conference on Wednesday 7 November. The society lecture will be given by Professor Antoni Gual of the Clínic Hospital of Barcelona.
Online booking and programme details on the conference website.