AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
- Improve patient safety by increasing access to specialist prescribing in the treatment of people with substance use disorders.
- Provide a forum where non-medical prescribers can exchange experiences and share and disseminate good practice, to explore problems and challenges and enable peer support and extend professional networks.
- Contribute to the continued professional development of its members via educational presentations and facilitating peer learning by discussion and reflection.
- Provide a forum for consultation on documents and concepts pertaining to the development of non-medical prescribing in the substance misuse field.
- Influence policy makers and other professional organisations to promote nonmedical prescribing in the substance misuse field.