Any personal information that you provide on this website is controlled by Substance Misuse Management Good Practice (SMMGP).
Your personal information
Sometimes you will be asked to submit personal information about yourself (e.g. name, address and email address) in order to receive or use services on our websites or from our organisation. Such services include events, newsletters, publications, information and advice.
By entering your details in the fields requested and pressing 'Submit', you are consenting to the processing of your information by SMMGP and its agents in accordance with this Privacy Statment. You may also provide personal information to us when you contact us by email, telephone or letter. Whenever you provide such personal information, we will treat that information in accordance with this policy. Our services are designed to give you the information that you have requested. SMMGP will, at all times, act in accordance with current legislation and aim to meet current Internet best practice.
Use and storage of your personal information
When you supply any personal information to SMMGP we have legal obligations towards you in the way we deal with that information. We must collect the information fairly, that is, we must explain how we will use it. This Privacy Statement explains how we will use your personal information.
We will use personal information provided by you or gathered by SMMGP for the following purposes:
- to help us identify you and the membership you hold with us
- if you are a member, to administer your membership record, inform you of campaigns, promotions and offers, provide services and fulfil our obligations to you as an SMMGP member (including billing);
- to communicate with you generally;
- to provide you with information about services or opportunities offered by SMMGP, or its carefully selected partners including our sister organisation Federation of Drug and Alcohol Practitioners (FDAP);
- research, survey completion and profiling;
- statistical analysis and behavioural analysis;
- to improve the services provided by SMMGP;
- to detect, investigate and prevent activity we think may be potentially illegal, unlawful or harmful, including
-fraud prevention and detection
-to comply with our legal obligations.
If you are a member, we also collect and process your data in accordance with the notices provided to you when you join and in the course of your membership; however, this Policy also applies to your data.
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out above and we will remove it when the purposes have been met, unless you opt-in for future communications with us.
Where you are receiving newsletters or promotional emails we will, on each communication, offer you an easily executable 'opt-out' option, which will allow you to remove yourself from any future mailings. You can also or contact us at any time at email@example.com to request that we stop sending you newsletters.
Sharing of your personal information
SMMGP may share your personal information with third parties in the following ways:
- We sometimes use agents and service providers to process personal information on our behalf. For example, we use third parties [to send postal mail, email campaigns and to maintain our IT systems]. Where we use agents and service providers to process your personal information, we will ensure that they have adequate security measures in place and are governed by our privacy policies in respect to the use of your personal information.
- We will release your personal information when we are required to do so by law.
- We will release your personal information to others when you have given your consent to that release.
- SMMGP may occasionally present a promotion that is sponsored by a third-party company. To qualify for entry, we may ask you to provide personal information. If we plan to share that information with the sponsor(s) we will make this clear at the point of collection of your information.
Access to your personal information
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information SMMGP holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. We will ask for confirmation of identity before we disclose any personal information. Please address requests to firstname.lastname@example.org or to our postal address.
If you would like to correct any inaccuracies in your data, this can be done free of charge. To do this, you should:
- put your request in writing;
- provide us with enough information to identify you (eg username, registration details); and
- specify the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
SMMGP has engaged third-party service providers to perform many of the services related to payment processing, including card processing. SMMGP does not collect or store credit card or other financial details.
SMMGP partners with PayPal, and Gocardless to facilitate card payments and other payments. If there are insufficient funds in your bank account when our provider processes the payment for your purchase, SMMGP reserves the right to contact you directly and to seek payment.
By using a third-party service, you may also be subject to an agreement with the third-party. For example, PayPal is a third-party service provided by PayPal Holdings, Inc. and is subject to the PayPal User Agreement.
Links to other websites
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
What cookies do you use?
To make this site simpler to use, we place small files on your computer, known as cookies, almost all websites do this. Cookies have many uses and most are not damaging to your privacy, all of the cookies used on this web site fall into that category. We do not permit cookies that collect or transfer your detailed personal data to other websites for advertising or other purposes.
Cookies are used on this site purely to improve services for you through, for example:
- enabling a service to recognise your device so you don't have to give the same information several times during one task
- recognising that you may already have given a username and password so you don't need to do it for every web page requested
- measuring how many people are using the site, so it can be made easier to use and ensure there is enough capacity and fast enough
We use Google Analytics to determine how many people use this site. Google Analytics stores information about the pages you visit, how long you are on the site, how you got here and how you utilise the website. We do not collect or store any directly identifiable personal information (e.g. your name or address) which could be used to identify who you are. To find out more about how Google uses the information it stores in cookies please review their documentation.
The following cookies are used by Google Analytics:
- _ga is used to distinguish users (anonymously) and expires after 2 years
- _gid is used to distinguish users (anonymously) and expires after 24 hours
- _gat is used to manage usage of the analytics functions and expires after 1 minute
- _gac contains anonymous usage information and expires after 90 days
The following cookie may be used to provide other normal website functions:
- asp.net_sessionid contains session related information for the user and expires when the browser is closed
If you do not wish to accept any cookies on to your machine you can disable them by adjusting the settings on your browser. However, this is likely to adversely affect the functionality of the websites you visit. For further information visit: www.allaboutcookies.org